Yay! I am doing homework!! I am not feeling any better (in fact, just woke up from a nap), but, being a good Ravenclaw, I cannot shirk on homework any longer.
In other news, at least I have a sort of job now...another Americorps position, so I will have some sort of health insurance and a small, but steady income. Unfortunately, I may not be able to start my job until July (because of mandatory trainings and such), so I might have to pay out the nose for doctor's visits anyway because I probably shouldn't wait that long to get things checked out, but at least there's hope on the horizon! :)
In other, other news, I have been sneaking around the castle to get the scoop on things for our homework, and here's what I found out:
Victoria Pettigrew, of Gryffindor house, is feeling the effects of the happenings in the Muggle world, and will not listen to Muggle public radio again because it is too depressing. (I agree with you there, Victoria! I have been avoiding news like the plague!) She also proved she will never be a decoder of any sort. Her homework answers for their coding assignment was completely different from her other housemates! Although, in my opinion, her's was a lot funnier.
Antonio dela Weasley, of Hufflepuff house, wasn't able to enjoy his time at Hogsmeade a couple weeks ago because his Uncle's shop was super busy and he offered to help out. However, his uncle gave him a new contraption that plays Muggle discs, along with the Muggle show Smallville!
Esmerelda Beanswallow, of Slytherin house, has been put on "wrist rest" because of an injury she sustained in the Muggle world. This means she has to use her house elves to take care of everything! And worst of all, no knitting!! :(
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I can't listen to the radio or news either. It's not that I want to be oblivious, but I can't handle hearing about it all the dang time!
It's actually been common among military spouses to avoid almost all newscasts when their spouse is deployed...it's so much easier to worry about our loved ones if we're constantly seeing about every attack, you know? So I can understand where Victoria (and you and Bevin) are coming from on that...
And yay for your job!
Post a Comment