The roomies, Minerva Wood and Andromache Tonks, and I were having trouble coming to a consensus on a team name, but I think we finally decided on Knit 1, Percolate 2.
I accidentally forgot my "marker" item I was originally going to use, so I put my thumb in all the pictures instead. So yeah, all those skin colored smudges in the pictures? Those were on purpose. Sad, really because a few of the pictures I would like to scrapbook, but maybe I can edit out my thumb on some of them.
So, without further ado...
First, I was wandering around Hogsmeade and heard a large ruckus coming from the alley near the Three Broomsticks. Being the curious cat that I am, I went to check it out. Lo and behold, some sailing wizards were there and look what they brought back with them!

In fact, there were a whole bunch of magical creatures in Hogsmeade this weekend! Check out the other two I found.
A dragon:
And a very rare uniduck!
The broom and a tree changing colors (as much as it can in the desert of CA) were pretty easy to find because they are always in Hogsmeade.
Oh yeah, and there was a shop selling, "engagement rings fit for a queen!" lol
They also had diadems there.
There was a legal trial going on in Hogsmeade when we went too! The Honorable Minister Ugetblamed was arresting people and putting them in the shackles. I guess they used to use these in ancient Muggle times, so the Ministry was trying them out as a punishment for petty crimes.
However, I question the justice and legality of it all. The Minister and his men had a shop set up where you could pay to have someone arrested. That seemed quite shady to me. The minister spent a lot of time hollering, "Justice for Sale!" and that didn't seem like it was just at all.
Finally, right before we were about to leave Hogsmeade, I ran into Mr. Weasley, and he was all excited about this great Muggle artifact he just found. It is a drink called, "Sodey Pop". Apparently it's kind of fruity tasting and has bubbles that tickle your insides. He didn't have any to share with me, but he did let me take a picture of the bottle. He said there were many different types of sodey pop, and this one in particular was made by a Doctor Pepper. It is supposed to cure Muggle maladies or something like that.
Of course, not all of my time at Hogsmeade was spent collecting items for the treasure hunt. I went into Honeydukes to replenish my chocolate frog and Bertie Bott's beans stash, and I spent a lot of time at the Three Broomsticks with Minerva Wood knitting and drinking butterbeer.

4 comments:
knitting and butterbeer is a fabulous combination! :) So much fun. I love your pics from hogsmeade though. very cool!
minerva
That's so fantastic! It looks like you had a wonderful time in Hogsmeade!
you did make it to the fairs!!!!
how fun
love the pitures
Super cute and clever use of "originality item". So... we could pay to get people arrested hmmm... I'll have to remember that!
Post a Comment