Sunday, February 8, 2009

Poling, Hogwarts, Firefly, Dance, etc.

So, I was gonna write about something Hogswart-y, but I don't know what to write. lol So I'll just gush over Goblet of Fire, the movie. I received the first 4 HP movies from my SIL for Xmas, and DBF and I have been slowly going through them. Last night, while knitting my spoilee's bag (the yarn finally came! yay!), I watched it and stayed up entirely too late. lol I am excited about the pattern...it is so easy and has miles of mindless stockinette stitch, so yay! ha ha ha I wasn't in the mood to watch Firefly last night, but I think I might do that today after running some errands. Of course, it is already 12:30pm over here, so maybe not. lol I hope to get this bag done by the end of the week because I have a few other handmade things I want to give my spoilee. However, with having to find a job and read Twilight, I don't know if that will happen.

In other news, I am going through teacher training to be a pole fitness instructor. I am super excited and am trying to get my student teaching hours done by May at the latest. I can't wait! I have a pole in my home, so I hop on it everyday and have been trying to pay more attention to how I do things so I can tell other people. That is one of my biggest problems is that things become so rote to me that I don't think about how to do them anymore and that means I can't tell other people. Of course, I have mostly been working on the higher level stuff for my own class, but I like to do some beginner stuff as a warm up. I may need to increase my pole time to 2 hours a day instead of 1, or utilize my breaks from harder stuff to thinking about beginning stuff instead of checking my email. lol

I have been getting stronger and have noticed it doesn't take as long for me to get new moves down...which is really exciting! I want to put a routine together so I can stick it up on youtube, or take pictures or something so I can show off...but that won't be for awhile.

Other than that, I dance almost everyday of the week. I am taking bellydance twice a week (tribal and cabaret), Argentinian tango once a week, and obviously, pole. And there are workshops thrown in here and there. I am at the pole studio at least 3 times a week for teaching or learning...I feel like I live there. And when I am not on the pole at the studio, I am on the pole at home. DBF and I have been thinking of taking yoga together too.

I have, unfortunately, sustained some strain to my wrist from all the pole I've been doing. I think it's just irritating an old injury, but it still sucks. :(

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is so cool that you are doing the pole and bellydancing! I love yoga but need to switch it up with something and have heard that bellydancing is great fun!

YogaKnot said...

I totally know how you feel about teaching something you do without having to think about it. I'm in the same boat with yoga. It's hard to think about how to tell someone to get into a pose when it isn't something you think about anymore, you just do it. I found that talking through my practice is really helpful. So maybe explaining out loud to yourself as you do it will help. Good luck! I'm excited for you and hope your injury heals quickly!

Kari Lu Cowell said...

Bellydancing is amazing! But I actually think I like pole more! lol It's just more physically and mentally challenging to me. There is surprisingly a lot of physics in pole! (Maybe not so surprisingly...)