So today Dobby appeared in the middle of my Advanced Transfiguration homework. And I mean quite literally! He just ka-banged himself right onto the middle of the page I was reading...gave me quite the fright! Anyway, he told me there was someone I had to meet, and another ka-bang! later, there she was, our new house elf!
She was shy at first, but Dobby started talking (and talking) and told me her name was Iridessa, Dessa for short. (But I like Iridessa...it sounds pretty and regal.) She was named after her great, great, great grandmother who was actually a fairy. Apparently, there was some interspecies mingling back in the day. This explains why Iridessa is so shimmery though. I have never seen another house elf like her!
As Dobby went on and on about her family history, she slowly started to open up and told Dobby she could take it from there. lol She told me she was a gift to Headmistress Wartbobble from Dumbledore before he left. Dumbledore found her during his time at Hogwarts, living on the street because she had done something to disgrace her old master. (She did not want to go into what happened.) But she said she was a lot happier here because people were much nicer and she could eat all the pumpkin pasties she wanted.
Oh yeah, she loves pumpkin pasties.
She also is able to wiggle her ears and change the colors of her clothes. I heard this from Hettie Schott, but I didn't believe her at the time. Man, do I have my foot in my mouth now! I bet Hettie will come around telling me she told me so sometime soon. *sigh*
Oh well, back to Transfiguration homework!
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hi dear! Yep, I'm back, Lavender talked me into it (she's VERY persuasive)! How was Mexico?! Are you back home now? I'm about to leave for a two-week work trip, but we'll catch up when I get back. Have fun with the Ravies (great colors), and I'll "talk" to you soon!
Post a Comment