So, when I started this swap, I was all set to blog in character and have fun with it. However, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. I find that character blogging takes a lot of time and creativity to do and probably isn't for me. I have the creativity, I just don't have the time. (Mostly because I would rather be doing other stuff. hee hee :) ) My apologies for being a boring blogger.
In other news, I did a whirlwind tour of Los Angeles this weekend. I have a friend from out of town who is traveling through CA on his way to MN for a new job and he wanted to go to L.A. Unfortunately, he also wanted to go to Six Flags amusement park and my boyfriend wanted to come with too...so that meant leaving early Sat. morning and early Sun. night. Sad. :( I wanted to show my friend all the fun stuff there is to do in L.A. like the Farmer's Market and Little Ethiopia and museums and Santa Monica, etc. but there was no time. I guess it's ok because he doesn't really like museums nor does he like touristy stuff. So, we spent a few hours at the beach and then went to Universal Studios. My friend works there, so we got free employee passes...this also meant that we didn't feel as pressured to see everything, so we really only were there for 2 hours. This was also sort of sad because I did want to go on a few rides, but we only got in the studio tour, T2, the Animal Actors show (which my friend was working on...that's why we went), and the Waterworld show. It's not a huge deal for me that we didn't get to see everything because I can go down again, but I would have liked to have done it with my boys. Oh well. Maybe next time.
I also found out that I don't think I am that into amusement parks anymore. There were a lot of people and it was hot and I was feeling ill, so it just wasn't as much fun. Six Flags, for those who don't know, is a roller coaster park. I used to love roller coasters when I was a kid/teen/early adult. I even went to the same park a year ago and enjoyed it. So maybe it was just the feeling ill and being exhausted part that made it not so fun. Either way, the roller coasters were not as exciting or thrilling as they used to be. I also told myself to relax on the way up the track, so maybe I shouldn't do that anymore either. lol I am willing to give roller coaster parks one more go when I am not ill and have gotten enough sleep (I probably averaged about 6 hours for the whole weekend.), but if they still aren't thrilling after that, then no more roller coasters for me. Sad, it makes me feel old.
I guess that's all for now. My spoilee's package will be going out sometime this week. I just want to finish my package for another swap so I can send them out at the same time, so hopefully I can finish it all this week. YAY! :D I am excited for them both to get their packages. I think I have put some neat-o stuff in them. hee hee :D
Monday, June 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I. am. so. EXCITED!!!!!
I can't charecter blog either, I used my regualr blog for this and I made a few changes to the way it looks and some really sporatic in charecter type bloggy things but I sure haven't heard from any of my regualr readers since I did that. Oh well... I only had 15 subscribers before this and only one or 2 ever commented so WHATEVER! Don't feel bad not all of us can be as chreative as Lizzie Wychwood it's just nice to read your blog. :)
Post a Comment