So I took my broomstick down to Los Angeles this weekend and had a grand 4 days. I got to see old college friends, which is always fun, as well as meet a few new people. The days were full of beach, hiking, and waaay too much bad for me food. (I gained 6 punds according to the scale...however, it doesn't count right now because it's 1am and the end of the day. We'll see what the tally is tomorrow before I work out. lol) Hopefully I can get back on the healthy eating track right off though. I have a friend coming down from Nor Cal soon too (possibly this weekend or thereabouts), so I have to be super healthy when he is here and before he comes so I can balance out my L.A. trip and not gain back all the weight it took me 5 months to lose! This was a weekend of firsts for me. I went to the LACMA for the first time, this was my first L.A. hike, the first time I went to Topanga beach, and I ate food from all new restaurants (You'd think after living in L.A. for four years and visiting about once a year since then, I would have eaten it all already, but my L.A. food knowledge was apparently severely limited in undergrad...and on subsequent trips...where I would visit all my old faves. lol) I was also working on my first lace project whilst there.
I even got some research done for my dissertation! Well, I got some research done to figure out what my dissertation topic will be... It's not narrowed down at all yet, but I want to do something about prostitutes or the international sex trade. Anyone have any ideas for a topic dealing with either of those and psychology?
I don't yet. Perhaps looking at whether sex workers in states where prostitution is legal have less mental health issues than street workers? I was thinking of trying to do some study on prostitute homicide, but I really want to do something original and not completely a spin off of some other study.
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
you do something with the suicide rate of prostitutes or a psychological profile of a small group of prostitutes. It may get to be quite a strain on the pocketbook traveling around to the different "ranches" in Nevada and then finding random prostitutes on the street. I hear they aren't cheap. But I've never done a dissertation though so don't take me too seriously just trying to help. :) Good luck!
Thanks! I have to have at least 60 subjects or there abouts...for it to be a valid study. I have to re-check my stats notes, but yeah, I know it could be a financial strain.
Post a Comment